A few months ago I posted an impromptu recipe for fried chicken. This was actually the original recipe that I wanted to post, but then I ate the chicken by itself and liked it so much I decided it should also go solo. This was supposed to be a follow-up post, but then Schaumburg happened. And pancakes. And doughnuts.
But it’s all good, because I had the recipe already typed up and ready to go! So the only thing left was to type up some witty introduction (LOL – do these things even get read? Do I even make sense? Who knows.) and add the photos. Voila.
Makes 4 servings
Fried Chicken Tenders – Increase Nutritional Yeast to 1/2 cup, and decrease coconut flour to 3/4 cup
2-3 cups spinach, chopped and steamed
4 small zucchini, julienned and steamed
Red Pepper Marinara:
2 red peppers
1/2 onion, diced
8 garlic gloves
2 tsp Italian seasoning
Sea salt & pepper to taste
Splash of water
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the peppers in half and remove the seeds and stems. Place on the baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and bake for 20 minutes or until starting to brown.
- While the peppers are roasting, saute the onions and garlic in olive oil over medium heat until soft and fragrant.
- When the peppers are done cooking, place them in a blender with the onions, garlic, seasonings and water. Blend and add water if needed to reach desired consistency.
- Fill your plate with zoodles, then top with spinach, Red Pepper Marinara, and Fried Chicken. Sprinkle with more Nutritional Yeast if desired.