Happy New Year!
I’ve been meaning to make an eggnog pancake recipe ever since my sister gave me the idea over a year ago. Two Christmases and New Years later and I’ve finally gotten around to it haha. Give me some egg. Noggin. Duuuuuuddeee.
The texture of these was very light and fluffy, and they flipped very easily – even for my pancake flipping-challenged self. The eggnog flavor wasn’t too strong, but that could be changed with the addition of more spices to the batter mixture.
Also, I apologize for the picture…I was so busy chowing down that I forgot to snap a photo of the entire pancake stack. Whoops.
Makes 1-2 servings (About 6 small pancakes)
3 tbsp coconut flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 cup dairy-free eggnog
coconut oil for the pan
1. Sift the dry ingredients in a bowl.
2. Add the eggs and eggnog, stirring to combine. Then let sit for 5 minutes to allow the batter to thicken.
3. Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat.
4. Place spoonfuls of batter in the pan and spread to the desired size.
5. Cook for 3 minutes. Then flip and cook for another 3 minutes.