Happy Sunday! This week has been pretty good – I got to go home for a couple of days, and see my family and my friend Morgan, which was great! This Sunday’s pancake breakfast is a little different because my roommate is away for the weekend, but I didn’t want to let that stop me from having pancakes. I’m just in the mood for pancakes
sometimes all of the time. Now that I have a kitchen I’ve actually been making them a lot. It’s like having dessert for breakfast, which is always fun! 😉
Trying to come up with a new pancake recipe every week is interesting. I love coming up with new recipes, so it’s a good weekly challenge. Today’s creation features two of my favorite foods: coconut and chocolate. I used to really love Mounds bars before the food allergy diagnosis. Luckily for me, there are a lot of Kathleen-friendly versions of those out there that I still get to enjoy. Dark chocolate and coconut is one of the best combinations, so it only makes sense to put that combo in pancakes! Boom. Now you can have “candy” for breakfast.
Mounds Bar Pancakes
Makes 2 servings
1/4 cup coconut milk
1 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp coconut flour
1 tbsp grass-fed gelatin
1/4 tsp baking soda
3 tbsp shredded coconut
3 tbsp Enjoy Life chocolate chips
coconut oil for the pan
1. Mix the eggs, coconut milk and vanilla in a bowl.
2. Whisk in the coconut flour, gelatin, baking soda, coconut and chocolate chips.
3. Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the batter in spoonfuls and cook for 2 minutes before flipping and cooking for another 2 minutes.
4. Candy for breakfast? Yes!
5. Top this with homemade chocolate sauce if you’re feeling extra fancy.