It’s beginning to feel a lot like fall. The temperature isn’t too hot, the leaves are changing, our Halloween decorations are up, and the State Fair is finally here! October is one of the best months, don’t ya think? They’ve been keeping us pretty busy with classes, but I’m glad that I’ve also been able to do a lot with my work, the blog, and the allergy club. Everything is going really well, and I’m super excited about it. And only one more month til I’m in DISNEY WORLD! I. Can’.t Wait.
This morning, I decided to go a more savory route with the pancakes. I’ve got a few recipes up my sleeve for future posts, but this one occurred to me last night after dinner, and since I made chicken for dinner and had leftovers, I decided to go ahead and try it. I’ve never had chicken and waffles together before…I don’t think I ever heard of that combination until after I found out about my allergies, so it was never an option. Until today. Yum. PS, this fall weather is perfect for my twist on good ol’ Southern comfort food.
Chicken & Waffle Pancakes
Makes 2 servings
1/4 cup coconut milk
2 tbsp coconut flour
2 tsp grass-fed gelatin
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp pepper
1/3 cup shredded chicken
coconut oil for the pan
1. Mix the eggs and coconut milk together.
2. Whisk in the coconut flour, gelatin, salt and pepper.
3. Add in the shredded chicken.
4. Heat the oil in pan over medium heat.
5. Drop spoonfuls of batter onto the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes, then flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
6. Serve topped with pure, local honey!